Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Sing it Bob, sing it.

H got into BYU. My brother F is now 16 years old. A had a baby. H2 will be in High School next year. M-Lite is a BYU student now. F2 is almost engaged. Boney M is across the country in South Carolina. I'm dating someone. I think I just saw the devil ice skating to work.

I guess I'm just always surprised at how time passes and why and I wonder where my youth went when I wasn't watching. I've almost cemented my plans for this Summer. Spring I'm staying here and working. Summer I'm going home to Portland. Fall I'm deferring but coming back to Provo to work before going back to school in the Winter. There you have it - the next year of my life all laid out. Only I hate making decisions - especially ones I feel are irresponsible. I'm going home for only a month or two, which means I can't possibly get a job there. I've had a job since I was 14. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I go home if I'm not going to be working. A huge part of my identity is what my job is. Crap. I'll think of something.

4 comments:

ahem. said...

The devil? Really? Where does he work?

Genuine Draft said...

In the dish room if you can believe it. If you can't then he's employed somewhere else.

Unknown said...

You're dating someone? Who?

(I, at least, think I am funny.)

Genuine Draft said...

Hardy har har.