Saturday, February 17, 2007

Kalimazoo

My voice is back (kind of) and I'm in Rexburg for the weekend. I come back Monday. A few other updates - I bought something from Taco bell for the first time ever on Thursday. It was a soda, but I still think that's rather momentous. I tried to go to sleep early that night, because I had a test the next day, but people were still up and the light was still on, and then one of my roommates happened to own a bag of kazoos. We all got one. Mine's green, but I can't get a continuous hum into it. M-Lite took requests, and mine were "Lavender Blue" and "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy". Hearing them made me homesick. After the light was out and as I drifted off to sleep I could still hear my roommates and their kazoos, but I didn't really mind. It's not always that you get to experience such a thing.

I got to see my mom, because she came to Rexburg for a week, so our visits overlapped for about 18 hours. I got to hold my niece. She's tiny and looks just like her dad. I haven't held her much because I don't want to get her sick. You'll all be forced to see some pictures when I get back to Provo.

Yesterday my roommate came in with the mail and there was a letter for me from home. I opened it to find another sock. No fooling. It was from my sister H2 this time. A blue sock with polka dots, and with it a note that said "Have a Happy Valentines Day! (hope you get lots of sweets)" and inside the sock was a dollar bill. I had just regained my voice and the first thing I used it for was to laugh uproariously. This second piece of sock mail was postmarked exactly a month after the first, and I think that the one thing that could make me truly happy would be to receive a sock in the mail every month from now on. So, if any of you out there send me a sock postmarked on the 12th of March I will love you forever probably.

Also, I'm here in the library and what do I find sitting on the desk next to me? This book titled Street Gangs: Current Knowledge and Strategies. This makes me happy.

3 comments:

ahem. said...

I have cousins in Kalimazoo.

Krista said...

Go ahead and take a look at what finally got to the dollar theater. Directly you get back, we're going.

"tnrwre" - the noise of frustration I made when I learned you're far away, and can't come with me to see it right this very now.

Anonymous said...

well, mom forgot to send you the second sock along with the first since they couldn't fit in one envelope...so for your sweets I sent you a dollar because I was immensely bored.
I didn't mean to send it exactly a month later...and how would you know such a random thing?