Friday, January 12, 2007

My attempt at a short(er) post

This post started out as an identity crisis and me trying to understand my indecisiveness and irrational fear of excellence. Then it veered left into something not as depressing. This is everything that the post was not originally. Random musings of mine, based on the premise of one day having a lot of money-


Owning a camp, and then working there disguised as the cook, and no one would ever guess that I was secretly the very wealthy owner. If they complained about the food I'd whip off my apron, reveal my true identity, and have them thrown out. Maybe. Throwing them out might be kind of harsh.

I have a mental list of people I would buy a really nice car if I became really rich. Mostly they're past teachers, because teachers make a difference and they're usually really poor. (Except for Mrs. K, which is a whole other story involving big hair and freakishly large diamond rings.)

I want to own a lot of houses, which I would rent out for really cheap to poor college students. I'd also like to run a boarding house and cook for my tenants on Sunday evenings.

I think I've mentioned before that I want to take over The Portland Golf Club. Sand traps would become sand boxes, I'd build some tree houses, and I'd probably put in a park with swings and some teeter-totters. And some rose bushes just because they smell nice. But no koi. I hate koi.

I want to donate back to the schools I went to, buy them books and butcher paper and tubas and all that jazz.

Owning my own island/country has always appealed to me, but I've always worried about the government interfering. Maybe it's not fair of me, but in the back of my mind I don't believe that they'd let me have my own laws and constitution and let me run things the way I want to. If I did buy an island, would they claim it as part of the larger country it was near, or could I conceivably secede? I don't know.

Where do I think all my imaginary wealth comes from? Most days I think that I'd like to host a television show, something worth watching, and have myself be a cross between Conan O'Brien, Carol Burnett, and Alex Trebek. This is not realistic at all, but it's something to fill my thoughts between sleeping and waking.

My next post will be about the yellow edible things I have in my closet.

1 comment:

Keith said...

This was a good attempt at a shorter post. But the longer ones still rule.

BTW, the having of many houses idea... I dig.

Capcha: xnype (eX New Yorker Presently Exhilarated) - odd eh?