Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bogo Pogo

I ate lasagna last night for the first time in probably 12 or more years - the fact is, I can't remember the last time I've eaten it, because I know I don't like it. I'm extremely picky, I don't know why, and so there are a lot of foods I avoid without remembering what exactly I don't like about them. This makes me want to try them every decade or so, because I get curious. It's like how I get sick at every low rent amusement park I go to, because I forget how much I can't handle spinning rides combined with the smell of secondhand smoke. I know I don't like the tilt-a-whirl, but occasionally I forget, and think that surely this time will be different, and in the end I just become very sick and sorry.

So last night I went to Yellow's with Krebscout, Ahem, Uffish, and Optimistic., and it proved to be an extremely fun evening, aside from the fact that I became ill. My stomach was all sorts of rumbly, until halfway through dinner when it became all sorts of sharp stabbing pains. Basically, I threw up and then spent some time lying down on the bathroom floor shaking a lot until I felt better. It happened to be the cleanest bathroom floor I'd ever seen, by the way. Props to Yellow's mom who it turns out is June Cleaver.

Aside from taking ill very randomly, the evening was a whole lot of fun. There was a piano that played itself, and a lot of games were played to its background noises- Boggle, speed scrabble, and the anagram game. Also, I lost at Boggle, which was upsetting, but not wholly unexpected considering the company I was keeping. The most fun to watch: DDR - Uffish and Optimistic. had some pretty sweet moves that I would not be sad to see again someday. Also thrown into the mix were cookies, Nerf guns, ice cream, and guitar hero. All in all it was most enjoyable.

I failed to mention that this was only the end of yesterday. My day started with going to get Uffish, which involved me pumping gas for the first time by myself, which went miserably. Anyway, I secured the Uffish and we proceeded over to B's house to make funnel cakes. Optimistic. came over also, then the cakes were made and devoured, a skip-it was used, and four hours of Scrubs was watched while Uffish got her hair cut. I also saw Strictly Ballroom which turned out to be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It was after this, as well as trying to make sense of a Friday crossword, that we started the evening I mentioned above. I spent 14 hours in the best company possible yesterday, and unlike most mornings, I did not utter what has become mine and M-Lite's usual morning murmuring when we wake up dead after a long night - "Never again, never again!" - I would gladly have yesterday happen again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You might have felt better if you'd tried DDR yourself.

Yeah, probably not. It's been a long time since I've had my heart rate quite that high. Holy cow, that game is tiring.

Krista said...

It was, indeed, crazy-fun. Though I regret your time spent shaking on the amazingly clean bathroom floor, the rest was great.

By the way, it was the new writer Olympus that cut my hair. When will you be everyone's new favorite writer? You should apply. Or just keep writing on your excellent blog with regularity.

Keith said...

Ah, Baz Luhrmann. The man who directed that movie. He reminds me of a more cheerful Tim Burton. Sounds like you had a good day, no? Well I approve semi-whole heartedly.