Thursday, November 02, 2006

Marriage Cake

I was proposed to today, and I remembered why I like to bake. We had a slew of birthdays at work this last month so I made a cake to bring in. I love feeding people because it makes them happy, which makes me happy. So I dished up the cake to everyone and I hear:

B (through a mouthful of cake): Genuine Draft, will you marry me?
Me: What was that?
S: I think you were just proposed to.
Me: Was he down on one knee? If not it doesn't count.

Over the summer I made a pineapple upside down cake which also evoked talk of marriage-
K: You made this cake?
Me: Yes
K: From scratch?
Me: Yes
K: You are ready to get married.

This makes me laugh a lot, as you can imagine. I shudder to think what would happen if I learned how to cook too.

3 comments:

Flops said...

does a goosing count as a proposal? because if it does, you've proposed to me, HA!

Genuine Draft said...

And you to me if I recall correctly.

Anonymous said...

I'm still flabbergasted.