Monday, November 06, 2006

Don't want to be white at Christmas

I found at least a dozen more white hairs on the left side of my head today. I always find them during my history or geology class and always they're on the left. I have no idea why this is. Maybe it's the lighting, or the fact that I never check the right side of my head. There's a certain white quota that must be met, but I thought that my skin satisfied those requirements times 12. Apparently not. Apparently as well as shrinking I am now going white. What am I, 82?! I'm aging very rapidly here. Maybe it's stress. At this rate I'll be entirely white come December. People will lose me against the snowy Utah background. My parents will meet me at the airport and won't recognize me.

I call home every Sunday to talk to H in French and my dad answered and was about to hand me over to H but my mom intercepted which was nice because I should call her more than I do which is pretty much never and she asked how I was and I said fine, except that I was tired. Tired of school or tired tired she asked? Both I said. I didn't tell her this, but I haven't slept decently since school started. I'm tired all of the time and I don't want to be in school. In fact I hate being in school, and I wonder if maybe I should just drop out. I mean, college can't be for everyone, right? Some people have an honest to goodness desire to be crammed into seating that has no leg room, scream a lot at sporting events, and spend their lives stressed out, but I can't say that I measure up to any of these standards. I also found out that when my mom was here at BYU she started to develop a stomach ulcer.

To recap, I am an old lady and I am tired. Also M-Lite and I have no lives. We went to see the BYU chamber orchestra play, which was wonderful, but afterward we were bored out of our minds again. Saturday L and her roommate C came over and we played Boggle which made me wake up. I love Boggle, and the evening ended with M-Lite and me attacking L with a pig pile - basically we jumped on her for awhile and yelled a lot, a glorious family tradition of ours.

Yesterday I studied for my New Testament midterm until Uffish, Flops, and Madame Manatee showed up and took me with them to pick up Sunshine to go to Optimistic.'s for to play games. It was unbelievably fun because I like to yell a lot when I play games like taboo and a lot of my favorite people were there. I stayed longer than I should have, but you can only read the New Testament for so long, and I was about 3 hours past that point, so I was glad to be diverted. However, I just took my history midterm and I bombed it. I will probably fail the class, and at this point I really don't care anymore.*

One more midterm today and one tomorrow that I need to study for and take and then I can die, but if I switch the order it might save me some time and grief. Je suis tres fatiguee et je veux dormir, mais je ne peux jamais. Also, goodbye forever.
*anymore denotes that I at one point did care, which is not true in the slightest

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avez-vous employé des drogues pour dormir ?

Anonymous said...

Or in the only other language I actually do know:

Haben Sie irgendwelche Drogen versucht, zu schlafen?

Genuine Draft said...

I prefer the term honkey, thank you very much.