Friday, January 30, 2009

Weak sauce


I was doing the dishes today (because the situation in our kitchen was getting a bit dire) and I cut my finger in two places. The weird thing is that it wasn't on a knife or any other utensil. It wasn't even on a broken dish. It was on food. I want you all to picture the least dangerous food you can think of. What cut me? Spaghetti sauce.That's right, spaghetti sauce. I tried to open an empty jar of spaghetti sauce so I could rinse it out and the sauce around the mouth of the jar had hardened to form jagged razor-sharp crusts, two of which cut me when I tried to open the jar. I have learned my lesson and will never do the dishes again. Or I suppose the other take away message might be to not leave old jars by the sink for weeks on end.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

What a terrifying story. Thank you for sharing it. I will from here on out refer to this as a cautionary tale. Too bad I no longer have kids to raise, because I would so use this story.

LJ said...

That's like a cardboard cut times fifty. I hate that story.

Wendy said...

I hope you didn't get infected by anything!