Thursday, January 15, 2009

I hardly knew ye


First things first -Optimistic.'s beard is coming in nicely and no longer looks as though he simply hasn't shaved in a bit. I took a picture of just his beard but it looked silly without the rest of his face in it so I took a second one without telling him that his face would be seen.

Second things second -Yesterday was the two year mark for the floss being tied around my pinky and I decided to take it off. Most of the time I didn't even notice it was there, but I felt it wouldn't be wise to leave it on any longer. I am very well aware that no one cares about the floss in the slightest, but I captured the whole process and will post the pictures here.
Notice if you can that when the floss is moved away from my finger there's a red line running around it where the floss is.

This is when it had actually been cut.

Me pretending to be sad. Notice the lip.

In this one you can see the dent it left in my finger. I think it will fade over time and won't be permanent, but if it is I will have a great lie to tell when playing two truths and a lie about how it got chopped off in a freak accident and had to be reattached.

8 comments:

Braden said...

Awesome beard.

Krista said...

The floss is gone? Really? I think I'm in shock.

Marcene said...

was the floss even aware this severance was coming? Seems a little abrupt. I think beards are creepy, but I will not tell this to his face. Had you just posted the beard I would have said something.

Wendy said...

Oh, how I miss you, Genuine!

You are one hot mama! Sure hope that line fades! Oh, wait! You're already taken!

LJ said...

Adam's growing a beard too.

Audrey said...

Darcy's husband has a crazy weird huge scar on his side. I think it was from a bad reaction to an immunization or something. But he always tells people he was bit by a shark.

Arizona Sun said...

I had always wondered what the little string was for.

H2 said...

oh no beards are amazing. part of me thinks that if a man is capable of growing a beard he must and ive told this to several guys but they become upset because theirs come in "patchy."