Sunday, April 29, 2007

Barefoot in the Park/Kitchen or How I Came to be a Big Winner!

I'm getting married, and much like Optimistic., I have nothing clever to say about it. This is probably due to the fact that my head has exploded. Several times over in fact.

I met the family. Optimistic. fake won the lottery. We got engaged, though fairly unofficially. He called his family. I called my family. I went to convocation with the family. They expressed how excited they were, very unofficially. I got a phone message from H. We went out to eat and got rub on tattoos. We went to L'afro's party. Our friends expressed how excited they were in many rib-crunching hugs. I ate a ring made out of Twizzlers. I was tired out of my mind. We went thrift shopping with most of the family. A 1995 swimming trophy, a Charades game, a pair of old man slippers, half a game of battleship, some clothes, and a hip flask purchase later we were back at his Grandparents' for a family celebration. He announced. We celebrated. I ate strawberries. We're getting married.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have still received no phone call, but I will let that slide for now as it seems you are very much distracted. For the record, December is really the best time for me. So before you go and only think of yourself...stop and just think of me and my needs. That is all.
-Boney M

Krebscout said...

*Rib-crunching comment of happiness*

(Also - I will forgive you for not being there in December, if you have more important places to be...)

H2 said...

well...Julie and Alice are throwing you a bridal shower whether you like it or not. I'm sure it will be loads of hoopla and fun. so plan accordingly.

- g-ho trash?

LJ said...

You two blow my freaking mind. And I'll e-mail you those rad pictures stat. And I hope your ring was delicious.

Chase said...

Congart'lashuns!

I owe you a tackle of some sort now.

Keith said...

This calls for some snail mail! Where's u at?

Anonymous said...

Hey- this is A. I think December would be excellent for me as well. That way B can come too. Can Garbo have a sweet dress for this thing? She'll be dang cute.