Monday, April 26, 2010

Languishing in bread, to steal a phrase.


Have you ever been dreaming and in that dream you're writing, scribbling furiously, a pencil clutched in your hand? Always when I wake up from that kind of dream I expect to find the pencil still in my hand, because my hand has clenched itself in my sleep. A few nights ago I dreamed I had a large twist of soft french bread. And in my dream I tore off a piece, held it in my hand, and popped it into my mouth. What happened then was that I immediately woke up owing to the fact that I had, in my sleep, put a crumpled up tissue into my mouth thinking it was dream bread. I always fall asleep with a tissue in my hand and I usually wake up with one crumpled inside either fist, but this is the first time my brain has taken a real-life fist clench and incorporated it into my dreams instead of the other way around.

2 comments:

H2 said...

EWWWWWWW....WITH SNOT?!

Patty Fingers said...

EWWWWWWW....WITH SNOT?!