Thursday, June 04, 2009

It's mentioned in that one scene in You've Got Mail when Meg Ryan is crying in Fox Books


One of my favorite books is Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild, so I was excited when I found out a movie was being made of it. But then it never came out, or so I thought. Apparently the BBC released it on TV in 2007. They've tweaked a few things in the plot giving Sylvia an illness and a love interest, but most of it is very true to the book. Anyway, it's on youtube in 9 segments and it's pretty well done, so I encourage you to watch it if you've read the book. If you haven't read the book you should check it out. That is all.

3 comments:

Marcene said...

I read this years ago at your insistence that it was good. I think I will check out the movie.

Holly K said...

I think I watched that on YouTube last year. And then I felt guilty and Netflixed it anyway.

Lisa B. said...

This book is a real thing? with the author's name truly spelled like that? Wow. And it is a terrible, terrible secret of mine that I have a deep dark passion for that You've Got Mail movie, or else maybe it is like a horrible drug that makes it impossible for me not to watch the whole thing whenever I run into it on TV. And now I have revealed it to the internet, thanks to you, genuine draft. I hope you're happy.