Thursday, September 18, 2008

Come on down!


I had my follow-up appointment at the health center, so now it's time to play Catch That Disease! Spin the wheel for us, why don'tcha Johnny? Look at it go, and it looks like it's landing on........................fibromyalgia! Congratulations Johnny, you're our big winner today -tell him what he's won Rod!

"You'll be experiencing widespread aches and pains as never before with a disease so vague there's no known cure or cause! Non-degenerative and non-fatal, you're in for a real treat -it only manifests itself in 2% of the US population! But that's not all -you've also won yourself a bottle of amitriptyline! I'd ask you if you want to bid or pass, but you don't really have a choice!"


Also, I really like the idea of a game show where the contestants are doctors and they bring in a patient and whoever diagnoses them right makes it to the showdown round where they perform surgery blindfolded or something like that. It'd be like "What's my Line" or if you prefer, "What's my Crime" from 101 Dalmatians.

7 comments:

ahem. said...

Are you sure your contestant was a man? Because isn't Fibromyalgia mostly found in women?

Audrey said...

I'm glad you found out what's wrong with you. But it doesn't sound fun. I feel like I'm the only one in the family that hasn't contracted some random disorder recently...cancer, crohns, cysts...

Marcene said...

sis Call got some relief from her fibrom. by going to a free acupuncture clinic. But I'm thinking all those needles might cause you more distress than relief.

Eliza said...

Aw, my boss has that too. It doesn't appear to be an enjoyable thing. I'm sorry.

Lindsey Pedersen said...

I would absolutely play that game.

Keith said...

Glad you figured it out, sad that you're stuck with it. Makes that memory issue of mine (can't remember it's name) seem like cake!

captcha: gimper
(worst coincidence ever)

Chase said...

Man, that game sucks. I've never gotten a good showcase, and how many times have I been on it?

The biggest red flag that shot up was the phrase "health center". It brings to mind the related phrase, "second opinion". Sorry to hear you've joined us sickies.