Friday, January 11, 2008

Hugh Laurie/Playing House

This is just a quick update on my life to get me back into the blogosphere before I get really busy. I've just finished up my first week of classes, and I have to say it feels good to be back in school. I hadn't been enrolled since last Winter semester, and just working was starting to wear on me. I'm getting back into the swing of things -the walking, the sitting, the not paying attention -it's like riding a bicycle. Some of the classes I'm looking forward to more than others are Intro to film and Creative writing. I'm even taking a food prep class, which promises to be highly informative, seeing as how I don't really know anything about cooking.

Mostly I've been settling into our new apartment. We spent a good two days unpacking everything and trying to find places to put everything, but we have a lot of closets so it has all worked out beautifully. Our place even has a spare bedroom, so Bony M and A and baby Andy are going to stay with us when they come to town in April. Tomorrow is going to be spent shopping for all the necessities we didn't get as gifts, like dishes, cookie sheets, and pot holders. I went to make a pizza the other day and had nothing to put it on or take it out of the oven with. And we're celebrating Optimistic.'s birthday tomorrow so there's some baking that needs to be done. That's all that's new with me really. I'm back in school and back at work and just trying to make do until we get some real dishes to eat off of.

4 comments:

Marcene said...

I'm a person who hates dishes, so I buy a large pack of economy paper plates to use for things like toast and sandwiches so that there aren't barely used dishes to wash. Just a tip from one lazy person to another

Audrey said...

I used to visit teach a girl who had these gorgeous dishes that she loved, but she never used them because she hates doing dishes so much. I thought it was so weird. One time they had us over for dinner and we ate off off paper plates!

what kind of a name is abra said...

Balance in all things, my children, always use the good dishes for dinner, anything else is paper plate appropriate. Another thing that helps is to empty the dishwasher the minute it is clean and put the dirty dishes directly in there. Unless you don't have a dishwasher, then you wait until every dish in the house is dirty and the smell is ready to make you vomit and it takes three hours to get them all done and your husband is wondering what kind of wife he has.... oh, wait, I was having a flashback.... (welcome to the wonderful world of marriage!! Love you!!)

H2 said...

paper plates all the way. colorful ones make the day go better too. so if you're feeling green that day you can eat off of a green plate! it makes the eating more enjoytable. today I feel grren.