Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's a sickness, people.


We're getting ready to move, which means digging all of our stuff out of our apartment's many nooks, crannies, abysses, etc. To say our apartment was built with storage in mind is an understatement. We have closets within closets within closets of stuff, most of which hasn't been looked at since we crammed it away almost four years ago. Today I decided to start tackling the office closet. (I say start to ease the pressure of cleaning out this monstrosity in one day).

Well, I got all the boxes off the top shelf and happened upon a box of 100 cassette tapes (super useful), as well as a big white envelope marked MRI. So I opened it up, and what do I find? Scans of my sister's brain from 2007.

People, today I must admit that my pack-rattery has astounded even me. I don't know why I have these scans. Maybe she gave them to me. Maybe I stole them from her. I cannot say. Most likely she didn't want them and I thought they might come in handy, but what sort of person thinks that? Who looks at their sister's old MRI's and thinks hmmm...I could make a chandelier out of that? Me, apparently.

-Genuine Draft
Pack-Rat Extraordinaire

6 comments:

Rachel Helps said...

oOoo, you could cut each picture out and make a flip-book. Or a series of tiny pictures.

Haley said...

Uhhh I can pictue an MRI chandelier being really cool, actually. Or like a lampshade...

Marcene said...

do not encourage her. she's clearly reaching out for help and you are enablers.

maranda said...

Remember the time you had to keep all my stuff in your apartment all summer while I lived it up in South Carolina? Yeah. That's why my MRI was in your closet. As I recall, it is a very large envelope...so it didn't really fit into a box very well. I must have accidentally forgotten to take it back when I reclaimed my belongings. Or else you really are a sick-o and you hid it from me on purpose... In any case, I'd like them back please. Get your own brain scan if'n you want to make a chandelier!

LJ said...

Wow. Holy crap.

Wendy said...

Oh how I miss my Miller women! You guys have always brought smiles and laughter into my life! May you all be blessed...be that with MRI chandeliers or what have you. Mwah!