Sunday, May 30, 2010

You're turning violet, Violet!


I'm at the point in my recovery where instead of having an ice pack pressed up against my face all day I now have to use a hot pack and chew gum. It supposedly helps ward off jaw stiffness. I don't normally chew gum, so I've found it hard to pick up the habit so late in life. I simply don't know what to do with a mouthful of gum. I'm not used to it being there, so my speech comes out all garbled. Also, I'm terrified that if I let my mind wander I'll revert to chewing it with a set of teeth that no longer exist, and that would be remarkably painful, so, constant vigilance! I know people who constantly need to be chewing on gum, but for me it's just another chore, like rinsing with salt water 4 times a day. Similarly irksome is the fact that brushing my teeth now literally requires both hands and a small flashlight.

1 comment:

Chase said...

So, I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out. I got tired of holding the icepacks to my face, so I grabbed two small ones. I stuck those in socks, knotted the socks over my head and used a little duct tape to make myself an ice helmet. It looked really goony, but hooray laziness!

CAPTCHA = trapoort: the sound my stomach just made. I'm gonna go eat.