Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Buy me Bonestorm or go to Hell!"


Being in a married student ward I'm used to there being plenty of noise during sacrament meeting, what with all the babies that are constantly murmuring, chattering, crying, etc. I put up with it because there's nothing I can do to stop it, but today something happened to make me appreciate children making noise in church. During the last talk we heard a small voice in the congregation say "sh*t". And then this anonymous small child proceeded to repeat the word over and over again to himself every 3 seconds. Clearly, to him it was just a nonsense word, and he had no idea what he was saying, but I just about died trying to keep from laughing.

2 comments:

LJ said...

I think I had at least three siblings go through a pre-speech cussing phase. And in church, it was like the louder the better.

Lindsey Pedersen said...

Do you think it was some sort of warning system? Like maybe the child had gone doody in its pants.