Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The DMV, the stripper, and me.

The other day at work I had to spend my lunch break running errands -namely, getting my car registered. So I spent a horrible lunch break trying to get over to the DMV and finally made it there after having to stop by the safety and emissions testing place, going the wrong way on Center street, and having to parallel park, which I do not know how to do. Anyway, I got the new plates and miracle of miracles only had to spend about 15 minutes at the DMV, so I raced back to work, arriving with a few minutes to spare before I had to clock back in. Except I couldn't clock back in, because I couldn't get through the door of the office.

Earlier in the day one of my bosses had received a bouquet of roses roughly the size, though not the shape, of Texas. It was her 5 year anniversary, and her husband was being romantic. That same boss was outside the office door when I got back from the DMV, and she was in handcuffs, with two party hats on her head, as a fake cop was writing her out a ticket. He was a middle aged man with large mirrored sunglasses and a badge on the sleeve of his uniform that said "oinker patrol". He wrote out the ticket, gave her a stern lecture, and then proceeded to strip.

With a whip of his belt, off came the pants. Then the shirt. Underneath his clothes he was wearing a leopard skin Tarzan type outfit, with his chest hairs peeking out the top and his garment bottoms peeking out the bottom. He was also wearing grey dress socks that came halfway up his hairy calves. He sang a slightly shocking song about marriage to the Mexican hat dance song. And when it was all over he announced that he liked my boss so much he was going to let her keep the handcuffs.

I finally managed to get through the door to my desk where I clocked in and wondered why I couldn't have been held up at the DMV like every other person.

12 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm laughing a lot right now at the thought of the policeman stripper. And by the way- it's "safety and emissions".

BJ Homer said...

Hah. That's amazing!

Marcene said...

my 5th anniversary is on saturday....one can only hope

Lindsey Pedersen said...

I wonder what the rates are for those "Hot Cop" dancers... Do you have to go through the show to get to them?

Eliza said...

My question is...why wear your garments to your stripper job?

H2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LJ said...

GAH!

*shudder*

GAH AGAIN! I'm dying inside. A slow, painful death.

Anonymous said...

you lead a very unpredictable life. this is something I can see only happening on an episode of "the office."

Keith said...

Anytime the DMV doesn't hold me hostage in a queue is the day I take the long way home. This just confirms the dmv is really our saviour!

MindyBrowning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MindyBrowning said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I sure did enjoy this post. My favorite part was "why I couldn't have been held up at the DMV like every other person" This is where I burst into laughter and wet myself