Tuesday, March 25, 2008


Today I took an Easter egg out of someone else's bushes, opened it up, ate a malt egg out of it, and put it back. Then I hit a friend with the Easter basket I happened to be carrying with me in the library on my way to read Ice Cream Larry books. And before all that Optimistic. and I went on a walk to the duck pond and carried on our Easter tradition of rolling our decorated hard boiled eggs at the ducks. I also went back to my old apartment and reclaimed my favorite blue rocking chair from off the balcony. Just walked off with it after having left it there for almost a year. I hope they wonder about it, whoever lives there now. I chased ducks, and almost caught a slow one. People across the street were having a picnic on their lawn while I did dishes with the window open. This evening the temperature was perfect outside.

I have plans for my tax rebate - I'm getting a tent - a big one that sleeps a dozen people with enough room to stand up in and stay up all night playing cards by lantern so that when I say "Let's go camping" and someone says "I don't have a tent" I can say "I have a tent - a big tent - and you and seven other people can come and camp with me, if I like you and your seven other people well enough."

It is Spring outside, and close to being Summer and I will camp and picnic and play croquet and lay in the park at night being eaten by bugs and be wildly happy.

6 comments:

Marcene said...

Sounds perfect..I hate bugs...really hate bugs

Audrey said...

I hate bugs too, but I LOVE croquet! Maybe when we're in Rexburg this summer I'll have to sneak down to Utah and play a game or two.

H2 said...

I imagine you someday owning a magical tent like in harry potter and the goblet of fire . you know the one i'm talking about.

Patty Fingers said...

I didn't know you camped? Like hardcore camping, or just sunday afternoon camping with doilies and jam?

Genuine Draft said...

Not hardcore, but not exactly jam filled camping. Maybe a few doilies.

what kind of a name is abra said...

FUN!!!! When are you coming to visit? You can set up your tent in our yard abd we'll all sleep out there, just want you newlyweds want,huh???!!! Remember trying to play games at the High Adventure on rickety picnic tables?? Those tents were HUGE!