Tuesday, July 17, 2007

50 ways to leave your lover

Sometimes at work we pick up notes and things that EFYers have left behind. We did it all last summer to amuse ourselves, and it really did help pass the time. Everyone kept an eye out, and usually several people would come up to me each day and say, "Genuine, I have a note for you" and I'd add it to the collection. I have a large manila envelope in my locker at work labeled EFY 2006 filled with doodles, notes, and miscellaneous things we found while cleaning. Most of the notes are the " Do you like Katelin? Brenda says she doesn't like Josh anymore after what he said at the dance, so she sat by Kevin on Thursday and then Melissa's hair...." type of notes, which amuse me to no end to read. Some are salacious, and I wonder if the parents of these kids know what their kids are up to. I meant to make them into a giant collage or something but never found the time. Perhaps the best note from that year was a poem by Jeremy Moore titled Soggy French Fries. It was laughably atrocious, and up until today had been the jewel of our collection. But today I found the best EFY note to date, which I will now share with you. Also, it's all crossed out in places as though someone put a lot of thought into their choice of words. And I left in the original spelling. Here it is, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Dearest love
thinking of you sends me
spinning through
a whirlwind of sparkles
and dream.
our souls haven't ever
met but I know we are
perfect for
eachother like sugar and cream.
the image of your face
glows in my mind like
worms under a black light.
all the sudden I am soaring
swooping and you help me
take flight in the night with no light,
after a fight, lose my sight....yeah
right, are your pants tight?
when my hands aren't
hugging yours, my soul
weeps but then I start to smile
because I know from my one
sock to my other sock that I
will have that majestic opportunity
in a short while.

remember when, like deer, we frolicked
through feilds of luscious rocks
in new york.

Then I hated when you took me
to that slotter house where they
surved nothing but
potent pork

*also, on the side there's this crossed out sentence -"Bam, snap, dig, growl, I imagine myself with a sword in my foot"

6 comments:

Thirdmango said...

That is truely a note written by a king, and no, I don't live in a Mental Institution.

Anonymous said...

It sounds very much like an advanced mad-lib.

-boney M

H2 said...

i love that poem with all my heart. the part about the tight pants makes me crack up. oh what do these efy kids do all day to think that this poem is at all romantic?

Anonymous said...

I am pretty jealous of your collection... Maybe I'll find silly notes from the Swedes that pour into the hostel every week... hmmm...

The best part of that poem was that Rufus Wainwright was playing on my computer as I read it. This added an unforgettable romantic aspect.

LJ said...

I'm literally weeping with laughter right now. Weeping.

Ben said...

I am nearly vomiting. Very nearly. Poor kid. Poor poor kid. But lucky girl who didn't receive that.