Monday, May 21, 2007

This new batch really packs a wallop

Work was tedious today, right up until I went to clock out just now. When I came downstairs there were goodies left over from a set upstairs, and with them some raspberry lemonade (or DPL* for short). Oh happiness. And I see that it's pouring rain outside. I'm very pleased by this discovery. Also, as I walked past the barber shop I saw a small boy running along, probably no more than 5 or 6 years old. I looked at him, he looked at me, and as we passed each other we didn't break eye contact, but instead continued peering over our shoulders at each other. He smiled and I went down the hallway laughing. Now I'm headed home. I have no jacket and I fully intend to take my time walking in the rain as I drink some DPL.

* We used to get this stuff at work all the time last summer. It's pretty strong depending on which flavor you get and it tends to burn your throat on the way down unless you dilute it. But man oh man is it delicious. I wonder what they put in this stuff. I drank two and a half glasses of it straight just now. What do you mean I've had enough?! I know when I've had enough! (That outburst right there was for you Bony M)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you should use the Rescuers' picture because I just bought that movie last week.

I appreciate the reference to our drinking and betting days.

Did you ever say what DPL stands for?
-boney M

Genuine Draft said...

It's for Dairy Production Line, but before we knew that we thought it was for Dark Pink Lemonade.